From Celeb Nude Wiki - The Encyclopedia of Nude Celebs
Date of Birth: 17 March 1954
Place of Birth: Wandsworth, London, England, UK
Birth Name: Leslie Anne Down
Height: 5' 5" (1.65 m)
||This article needs additional citations for verification.Please help improve this article by adding reliable references. Unsourced material may be challenged and removed. (May 2009)|
Lesley-Anne Down (born 17 March 1954(1954-03-17)) is an English actress who is best known for her roles as Georgina Worsley in the ITV drama series Upstairs, Downstairs, Olivia Blake in the NBC soap opera Sunset Beach and Madeline Fabray LaMotte Main in North and South.
Since March 2003 she has portrayed Jacqueline Payne Marone in the CBS soap opera The Bold and the Beautiful.
Down was born in the Wandsworth area of London, England. She began acting and modeling, and in her teenage years had won several beauty pageants. She was voted Britain's most beautiful teenager at the age of fifteen.
After ending a ten-year relationship with actor-writer Bruce Robinson, she married Enrique Gabriel in 1980, but ended their marriage after a year and a half. Down's second marriage was to film director William Friedkin from 1982 to 1985 with whom she shares one son, Jack (b. 1982). She met her third husband, cinematographer Don E. Fauntleroy, during filming of the television miniseries North and South in 1985. They began an adulterous relationship which ended Down's marriage to Friedkin and Fauntleroy's marriage to Susan Ducat. The resulting legal proceedings interrupted the careers of both Down and Fauntleroy for two years while legal custody proceedings ultimately cost Down and Friedkin US$1 million apiece. Down and Fauntleroy have a son, George-Edward (b. 1998).
Down portrayed Georgina Worsley on the popular British series, Upstairs, Downstairs from 1973 to 1975. She then went on to act in films such as The Pink Panther Strikes Again, A Little Night Music, and Hanover Street, opposite Harrison Ford.
She has played opposite leading men Laurence Olivier, Sean Connery, Anthony Hopkins and Donald Sutherland in various films. Down is known for her roles in television movies and miniseries including, North and South and The Hunchback of Notre Dame.
In 1990, Down had a starring role in the soap opera Dallas, playing Stephanie Rogers. She portrayed Olivia Blake on the NBC soap opera Sunset Beach since the show's debut in January 1997, and until the show was cancelled in December 1999. Down has been playing the role of Jacqueline Payne Marone on CBS's The Bold and the Beautiful since March 2003.
- Six Dates with Barker as Cheeky (1 episode, 1971)
- Out of the Unknown as Diana Carver (1 episode, 1971)
- Public Eye as Anne Biddersloe (1 episode, 1971)
- From Beyond the Grave (1973) as Rosemary Seaton (segment \"The Door\")
- Bedtime Stories as Monica (1 episode, 1974)
- The Sweeney as Caroline Selhurst (1 episode, 1975)
- Upstairs, Downstairs as Georgina /(22 episodes, 1973–1975)
- When the Boat Comes In as Jane Cromer (1 episode, 1976)
- Play of the Month as Ellie Dunn (1 episode, 1977)
- Supernatural as Felizitas (1 episode, 1977)
- The One and Only Phyllis Dixey (1978) (TV) as Phyllis Dixey
- BBC2 Playhouse as Unity Mitford (1 episode, 1981)
- Murder Is Easy (1982) (TV) as Bridget Conway
- The Hunchback of Notre Dame (1982) (TV) as Esmeralda
- The Last Days of Pompeii (1984) TV mini-series as Chloe
- Arch of Triumph (1985) (TV) as Joan Madou
- North and South (1985) TV mini-series as Madeline Fabray LaMotte
- North and South, Book II (1986) TV mini-series as Madeline LaMotte Main
- Indiscreet (1988) (TV) as Anne Kingston
- Ladykillers (1988) (TV) as Morganna Ross
- CBS Summer Playhouse as Cassandra (1 episode, 1989)
- Night Walk (1989) (TV) as Geneva Miller
- CBS Schoolbreak Special as Speaker (1 episode, 1989)
- Dallas as Stephanie Rogers (8 episodes, 1990)
- 1775 (1992) (TV) as Annabelle Proctor
- The Nanny as Chloe Simpson (1 episode, 1994)
- Heaven & Hell: North & South, Book III (1994) TV mini-series as Madeline Main
- Family of Cops (1995) (TV) as Anna Novacek
- Beastmaster: The Eye of Braxus (1996) (TV) as Morgana
- Diagnosis Murder as Catherine Windsor (1 episode, 1996)
- Young Hearts Unlimited (1998) (TV) as Barbara Young
- Sunset Beach as Olivia Richards (348 episodes, 1997–1999)
- You Belong to Me (2001) (TV) as Dr. Susan Chancellor
- The Perfect Wife (2001) (TV) as Helen Coburn
- Days of Our Lives as Lady Sheraton (5 episodes, 2001)
- The Bold and the Beautiful as Jacqueline Payne Marone (2003–present)
- All the Right Noises (1969) as Laura
- School for Unclaimed Girls (1969) as Diana
- Assault (1971/I) as Tessa Hurst
- Countess Dracula (1971) as Ilona Nodosheen, Elisabeth's Daughter
- Pope Joan (1972) as Cecilia
- Scalawag (1973) as Lucy-Ann
- Brannigan (1975) as Luana
- The Pink Panther Strikes Again (1976) as Olga Bariosova
- A Little Night Music (1977) as Anne Egerman
- The Betsy (1978) as Lady Bobby Ayres
- The First Great Train Robbery (1979) as Miriam
- Hanover Street (1979) as Margaret Sellinger
- Rough Cut (1980) as Gillian Bromley
- Sphinx (1981) as Erica Baron
- The Hunchback of Notre Dame (1982) as Esmeralda
- Nomads (1986) as Flax
- Out of Control (1992) as Elaine Patterson
- Night Trap (1993) as Christine Turner
- Munchie Strikes Back (1994) as Linda McClelland
- Death Wish V: The Face of Death (1994) as Olivia Regent
- In the Heat of Passion as aka Unfaithful
- The Secret Agent Club (1996) as Eve
- Meet Wally Sparks (1997) as Hooker Nurse
- The King's Guard (2000) as Queen Beatrice
- The Meeksville Ghost (2001) as Emily Meeks
- 13th Child (2002) as District Attorney Murphy
- Today You Die (2005) .... Bank Manager
- Seven Days of Grace (2006) as Lillian
- Mercenary for Justice (2006) (uncredited) as Newscaster
Evening Standard British Film Awards
- (1978) Evening Standard British Film Award Most Promising Newcomer - Actress
Rose D'Or Light Entertainment Festival
- (2005) Rose d'Or Best Soap Actress for The Bold and the Beautiful
Golden Globe Awards
- (1986) Golden Globe Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in a Series, Mini-Series or Motion Picture Made for TV for North and South
- Voted "Most Beautiful Teenager" in Britain in 1970.
- Began modeling at 10 years old.
- Measurements: 34B-24-36 (Source: Celebrity Sleuth magazine)
- She lived with Bruce Robinson for ten years after meeting him at age 15. She came to America at age 17.
- She is the mother of two sons - George-Edward, born c. 1998 from her marriage to Don E. FauntLeRoy, and Jack, born c. 1982 from her marriage to William Friedkin.
- When she was filming "Days of Our Lives" (1965), her father was due to leave to go back to England but suddenly had an angiogram, pains in his chest, resulting in a quadruple bypass operation.
- Family: Mother Isobel (from Scotland, UK) who passed away c. 2000, father Jack/James (from UK), aunt Fran and uncle Michael.
- She met future husband Don E. FauntLeRoy when she was filming the miniseries "North and South" (1985).
- She and first husband Enrique Gabriel met on the set of Sphinx (1981) and were married only a few days later. Their marriage was a short one and ended in an annulment. Lesley-Anne recalls her marriage as an "exciting ride". Not long after her annulment, she met director William Friedkin, whom she later married.
- Originally, Maud Adams was to star in The Pink Panther Strikes Again (1976) but after she'd been filming for two days the role was recast for some reason and Lesley-Anne Down got the part instead.
- She spent her early childhood formative years in the Putney area of London, England and spent time with her uncle Michael, a major in the British army.
- Left school when she was 12 years-old.
- After she made her name in "Upstairs, Downstairs" (1971), nude photos taken by Kirk Douglas's son Peter Douglas, appeared in British mens' magazine Mayfair. She later went to court to have the originals returned to her.