From Celeb Nude Wiki - The Encyclopedia of Nude Celebs
Date of Birth: 22 September 1961
Place of Birth: New York City, New York, USA
Height: 5' 5½" (1.66 m)
Catherine Oxenberg (Serbian: Катарина Оксенберг; born September 22, 1961, New York City) is an American actress known for her performance as Amanda Carrington on the 1980s American prime time soap opera Dynasty. The daughter of Princess Elizabeth of Yugoslavia, Oxenberg is a descendant of the House of Karađorđević.
Though born in New York City, Oxenberg grew up in London. She is the eldest daughter of HRH Princess Elizabeth of Yugoslavia (b.1936) and her first husband Howard Oxenberg (1919-2010), a Jewish dress manufacturer and close friend of the Kennedy family. Princess Elizabeth is the only daughter of Prince Paul of Yugoslavia (who served as regent for his cousin's eldest son King Peter II of Yugoslavia) and Princess Olga of Greece and Denmark. Elizabeth is a first cousin of the current Duke of Kent and also a second cousin of Queen Sofía of Spain and Charles, Prince of Wales, making Catherine a third cousin of Felipe, Prince of Asturias and Prince William of Wales. Catherine is also a great-great-great-granddaughter of Karađorđe, who started the first Serbian uprising against the Turks in 1804.
Catherine Oxenberg's maternal grandmother Princess Olga was the daughter of Grand Duchess Elena Vladimirovna of Russia and Prince Nicholas of Greece and Denmark, himself the son of another Romanov grand duchess, Queen Olga Konstantinovna of the Hellenes and her Danish-born husband King George of Greece, brother of Queen Alexandra of the United Kingdom and Empress Maria Fyodorovna. Princess Olga was the sister of Princess Marina, who married the Duke of Kent (uncle of Queen Elizabeth II of the United Kingdom), and also a first cousin of the Duke of Edinburgh (husband of Queen Elizabeth II) through their respective fathers Prince Nicholas of Greece and Denmark and Prince Andrew of Greece and Denmark who were brothers. Oxenberg is in the line of succession to the British throne, though very low on the list as a descendant of George II of Great Britain.
Oxenberg was educated at St. Paul's School and Columbia University.
Oxenberg made her acting debut in the 1982 made-for-television film The Royal Romance of Charles and Diana, in which she played Diana, Princess of Wales. In 1984 Oxenberg joined the hit ABC prime time soap opera Dynasty — then at its height of popularity — in the role of Amanda Carrington, the second daughter of Blake Carrington (John Forsythe) and Alexis Colby (Joan Collins). Oxenberg was the guest host on the NBC late-night sketch comedy series Saturday Night Live on May 10, 1986. She left Dynasty in 1986 and the role was recast.
Oxenberg starred as Princess Elysa in the 1987 television film Roman Holiday. She also appeared in The Lair of the White Worm in 1988, and reprised the role of Diana, Princess of Wales in the TV film Charles and Diana: Unhappily Ever After in 1992. From 1993 to 1994 she starred in the short-lived series Acapulco H.E.A.T..
Oxenberg was portrayed by Rachael Taylor in the 2005 telemovie Dynasty: The Making of a Guilty Pleasure, a fictionalized retelling of the behind the scenes goings-on during the production of Dynasty. In 2006, Oxenberg appeared in the TV special, Dynasty Reunion: Catfights & Caviar, in which she reunited with her former Dynasty castmates to reminisce about the series.
Conan O'Brien mentioned in a 2000 commencement speech that Oxenberg is listed directly ahead of him in the Class of 1985 Harvard freshman facebook.
Oxenberg's first marriage was to the producer Robert Evans, in Beverly Hills, California on July 12, 1998, but the marriage was annulled nine days later.
Oxenberg met actor Casper Van Dien during the filming of the 1999 TV movie The Collectors, and they worked together again in the 1999 Evangelical Christian thriller The Omega Code. On May 8, 1999 they married in Las Vegas, Nevada. In 2005 the couple appeared in their own reality series, I Married a Princess, which aired on the Lifetime Television channel in the United States and on LIVINGtv in the United Kingdom. During the 2006-2007 TV season, Oxenberg and Van Dien co-starred in the American drama series Watch Over Me on MyNetworkTV.
Oxenberg is the mother of India Riven Oxenberg (born June 7, 1991), whose father has never been publicly identified, and of two children with Van Dien: Maya (born September 20, 2001) and Celeste Alma (born October 3, 2003). Van Dien has two children of his own of whom he holds full custody (Casper "Cappy" Robert Mitchum Van Dien and Caroline "Gracie" Dorothy Grace Van Dien).
Oxenberg and Van Dien are celebrity ambassadors for the non-profit organization Childhelp.
|Ancestors of Catherine Oxenberg|
2. Howard Oxenberg
1. Catherine Oxenberg
24. Alexander Karađorđević, Prince of Serbia
12. Arsen Karađorđević
25. Persida Nenadovic
6. Prince Paul of Yugoslavia
26. Pavel Pavlovich Demidov 2nd Prince of San Donato
13. Aurora Demidov
27. Princess Elena Petrovna Troubetzkoy
3. Princess Elizabeth of Yugoslavia
28. George I of Greece
14. Prince Nicholas of Greece and Denmark
29. Grand Duchess Olga Constantinovna of Russia
7. Princess Olga of Greece and Denmark
30. Grand Duke Vladimir Alexandrovich of Russia
15. Grand Duchess Elena Vladimirovna of Russia
31. Duchess Marie of Mecklenburg-Schwerin
- 1979: Graduated from St. Paul's Girls' School in Hammersmith, London, England.
- 1991: Her first daughter, India Oxenberg, was born in California. The father was not named.
- Was named after her ancestress, Catherine the Great (Empress Catherine II, Tsarina of Russia).
- 1985: Named on Harper's Bazaar list of "America's 10 Most Beautiful Women".
- Casper Van Dien gave her an 8.3 carat diamond engagement ring with 92 yellow diamonds around the band.
- Speaks fluent French and Spanish
- Measurements: 33 1/2B - 23 - 33 1/2 (Source: Celebrity Sleuth magazine)
- Her 1998 marriage to Robert Evans lasted 10 days.
- Wears a size 7 shoe.
- 1999: Married Casper Van Dien in Las Vegas by a minister dressed as Elvis Presley. They later had an Indian ceremony under an Indian saint called Amma.
- Sister- Christina Oxenberg (born 1962), Half-brother- Nicholas Balfour (born 1970), from her mother's second marriage. Princess Elizabeth of Yugoslavia was also engaged to actor Richard Burton.
- 9/20/01: Daughter Maya Van Dien born in Los Angeles, CA.
- 10/3/03: Daughter Celeste Van Dien, by husband Casper Van Dien, born.
- Stepmother of Cappy Van Dien and Grace Van Dien.
- Father is Howard Oxenberg..
- 1/05: She and husband Casper Van Dien renewed their vows with his mother, Rev. Diane Van Dien, (an interfaith minister) presiding over the ceremony on the beach.
- Friends with Marci Shimoff, Olivia Hussey. Good friends with Brooke Langton.
- She is the second cousin, one removed of Prince Charles, the Prince of Wales. Her great-granduncle, Prince Andrew of Greece, is Prince Charles's paternal grandfather.
- Cousin of Prince Dimitri of Yugoslavia, a former gem expert at Sotheby's.
- 7 years older than her husband Casper Van Dien.
- [Early 1990s] Dated Senator John Kerry before he married his wife Teresa Heinz.
- Continued to work as a model when she was not making regular appearances on "Dynasty" (1981).
- As of 2009, is #1387 in the line of succession to the British throne, as daughter of Princess Elizabeth of Yugoslavia, granddaughter of Princess Olga of Greece and Denmark, and great-great granddaughter of King George I of Greece.